The AM was released by Ibanez for the first time in the early ”80s. Though smaller in size than other semi-hollow bodies, this guitar provides warm, punchy tone and abundant sustain. It offers the added benefit being compact enough that players more accustomed to a solid body electric will feel right at home on this popular Artcore model.
- Artcore Expressionist - For more than a decade, Ibanez has continued to energize the hollow-body market with wide range of designs including everything from rockin' semi-hollow hybrids to straight-up traditional jazz-boxes. The Artcore Expressionist line established yet another chapter in the Artcore story. The Expressionist difference? Jazz fans will recognize the Ibanez original Super 58, the preferred pickup of George Benson, Pat Metheny and John Scofield on their own Signature models. A favorite among jazz players, but as funk guitarist Eric Krasno has been proving, the Super 58s perform well in a variety of situations. Warmth, balanced articulation, and excellent response are defining characteristic the Super 58 pickups.
- 3pc Nyatoh/Maple neck The 3pc Nyatoh/Maple Neck provides a rich mid-low end and great resonance.
- Macassar Ebony fretboard Macassar Ebony produces tight lows and mid range along with strong attack in the highs and quick response with rich sustain.
- Medium frets Medium sized frets enhance the accuracy of your notes.
- Macassar Ebony top / Macassar Ebony back and sides Macassar Ebony produces a tight low and mid range with a strong attack in the high end. Macassar Ebony also features a quick response and rich sustain.
- Super 58 pickups Super 58 pickups feature moderate output and vintage tone.
- Gibraltar Performer bridge The Gibraltar Performer bridge provides rich sustain and tuning stability. The low-positioned saddles promise comfortable playability.
- Quik Change III tailpiece The Quik Change III tailpiece enables faster and easier string changing.